A new £3m centre for the creative industries in Hartlepool is nearing completion.
Called The BIS, it’s in the refurbished and enlarged Grade 2-listed former Post Office building in Whitby Street and will be officially opened this spring.
The conversion – which has been funded by the Tees Valley Combined Authority - is part of a wider Hartlepool Borough Council initiative to transform the Church Street area into an Innovation and Skills Quarter.
Open to both new and existing businesses in the creative sector, including graduates of the Northern School of Art, The BIS will have a comprehensive range of facilities including:
- 28 studio units of various sizes – a mix of workshops and office space
- Two fully-equipped meeting/conference rooms
- A visitor reception area, social space, shower and changing facilities and disabled access
- Superfast broadband and comprehensive WiFi coverage
- A monitored CCTV and alarm system
A range of flexible easy in, easy out terms are available and The BIS will also offer specialist support to help its tenants succeed.
The Council will run the centre with the support of the Northern School of Art, which opened its new £8m campus in Church Street in 2017.
Anyone interested in leasing one of the units should contact the Council’s Economic Regeneration Team on 01429 867677 or email email@example.com
Further information about regeneration work currently underway in Hartlepool can be found here.