How can your company benefit from employing an apprentice?
Recruiting apprentices enables employers to fill the skills gaps that exist within their current workforce as apprentices begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your bottom line.
- 80% Companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase inemployee retention
- 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive;
- 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices.
- Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training.
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds
The Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds (AGE 16 to 24) aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment though the Apprenticeship programme. Companies with fewer than 50 employees will be able to draw down a maximum of five grants of £1,500 per apprentice
Fact sheets which include reference to the eligibility rules are now available by clicking here.
If you would like to find out more about employing an apprentice or would like support to recruit an apprentice please contact Caron Auckland on 01429 284087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org