Hartlepool Borough Council’s Learning & Skills Service has significant experience of supporting clients to improve their employment prospects especially adults with learning disabilities. To continue improving their service, they need to work with employers across Hartlepool and the wider Tees Valley.
Research has shown that employment can be life changing for adults with learning disabilities as it leads to greater independence, improved health and increased social skills. The Learning & Skills Service provides a tailored service to support clients to access the world of work including one to one sessions to understand their individual strengths and group sessions to improve their employability and life skills.
All clients receive a personalised package of support that provide pathways to employment using careers coaching, work experience and volunteering. They work closely with employers across all sectors including Horticulture, Catering, Retail, and Health & Social Care. These partnerships have been nurtured over many years, which improves an individual’s prospects of securing sustained paid employment.
The Service also works closely with Hartlepool Borough Council’s Economic Regeneration Team and key partners such as Job Centre Plus, to ensure that employers receive a holistic support package that can include advice on:
- Recruitment of Staff
- Work Trials, Work Experience, Volunteering and Supported Internships
- Development of Pre-Employability Routeway Programmes
- Traineeships and Apprenticeship Opportunities
- Advice on Apprenticeship Standards and the Apprenticeship Levy
- Training and Workforce Development for all Employees
- In-Work Support for new Employees
- Redundancy Support and Careers Advice for Employees
- Networking Opportunities for Local Companies
- HR and Employment Legislation Advice
The Learning & Skills Service wants to work with employers to build upon best practice, improve networking and provide viable opportunities for clients and contribute to a number of long term outcomes for people with disabilities.
If you think you can help and provide an opportunity for someone, contact Darran Hutchinson on 01429 857085 or email@example.com.